Giuseppe Procopio from Fondazione IRCCS Instituto Nazionale dei Tumori in Milan, Italy talks to us about the RESORT trial and limitations of using sorafenib in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma after radical resection of metastases.
1. What is the rationale for investigating radical resection of metastases followed by sorafenib in advanced renal cell carcinoma? (0:11)
2. Could you tell us a little about the RESORT study design? (1:15)
3. What were the findings of the study? (1:50)
4. Why do you think sorafenib has no effect on relapse-free survival? (3:17)
5. What will be the next steps in this clinical investigation? (4:06)
Speaker disclosures: Giuseppe Procopio serves on the advisory board for Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Ipsen, Novartis and Pfizer.
Filmed at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting 2018, Chicago, IL, US, June 1–5 2018