Elaine R Mardis from the Nationwide Children's Hospital & Ohio State University College of Medicine, OH, US, and AACR President-Elect (2018–2019), talks to us about her upcoming role and how AACR aims to meet unmet needs in cancer research and personalized medicine in the future.
1. What are the main aims of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)? (0:08)
2. What do you anticipate to be the major challenges of your role as president of the AACR? (0:31)
3. What have been the most exciting developments in the genomic characterization of cancer in the past year? (1:35)
4. What are the major unmet needs in personalized cancer medicine? (2:19)
5. What do you expect to be the key themes of the AACR annual meeting? (3:24)
Speaker disclosures: Elaine R Mardis has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2018, Chicago, IL, US, April 14–18, 2018.