Muzaffar Qazilbash from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center talks to touchONCOLOGY about investigating busulfan plus melphalan as a potential combination therapy for high-risk multiple myeloma.
1. What was the rationale for using a combined busulfan and melphalan conditioning regimen compared with melphalan alone for multiple myeloma? (0:08)
2. Could you tell us a little about the study design and what doses were used? (0:46)
3. What were the efficacy findings of the study? (1:57)
4. What was the safety profile of this combination? (3:02)
5. What were the limitations of this study and what further study is needed? (4:13)
Speaker disclosures: Muzaffar Qazilbash has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the 23rd Annual Congress of the European Association of Hematology (EHA), Stockholm, Sweden, June 14–17 2018