Timothy A Yap, from the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, US, discusses recent advances and challenges in precision cancer medicine, and how we can improve awareness and understanding of this important subject in the wider community.
1. What have been the most important advances in precision cancer medicine in the last year? (0:08)
2. What are the short- and long-term goals of precision medicine in oncology? (1:55)
3. How can we overcome the challenges of tumour heterogeneity and clonal evolution? (2:36)
4. How do you decide which trial to offer patients using precision medicine technologies? (3:46)
5. How can we improve public awareness and understanding of precision medicine? (4:41)
Speaker disclosures: Timothy A Yap has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2018, Chicago, IL, US, April 14–18, 2018.