Jeff Evans, of the University of Glasgow, UK, talks to us about the advances in the clinical development of lenvatinib and its potential use in combination with pembrolizumab for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma.
1. What is the latest progress on the clinical development of lenvatinib for the treatment of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma both in monotherapy and in combination with pembrolizumab? And what is the latest data on lenvatinib in hepatocellular carcinoma at ASCO? (0:11)
2. What is the significance of lenvatinib as a monotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma? (1:02)
3. What is the rationale for combined therapy with lenvatinib and pembrolizumab? (1:36)
4. Which patients are most likely to benefit from this approach and in what stage of their treatment pathway? (2:04)
5. What in your opinion is the potential for lenvatinib for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma or indeed other tumour patients? (2:29)
Speaker disclosures: Jeff Evans has provided consultancy services to Eisai, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, Bayer and Karus Therapeutics.
Filmed at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting 2018, Chicago, IL, US, June 1–5 2018