Cetuximab in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer
target for cancer treatment: the emerging role of IMC-C225 in the treatment of lung and head and neck cancers, Semin Oncol, 2002;29:27–36.
16. Temam S, Kawaguchi H, El-Naggar AK, et al., Epidermal growth factor receptor copy number alterations correlate with poor clinical outcome in patients with head and neck squamous cancer, J Clin Oncol, 2007;25:2164–70.
17. Rapidis AD, Vermorken JB, Bourhis J, Targeted therapies in head and neck cancer: past, present and future, Rev Recent Clin Trials, 2008;3:156–66.
18. Cohen EE, Haraf DJ, Kunnavakkam R, et al., Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor gefitinib added to chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck cancer, J Clin Oncol, 2010;28:3336–43.
19. Herchenhorn D, Dias FL, Viegas CM, et al., Phase I/II study of erlotinib combined with cisplatin and radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2010;78:696–702.
20. Saarilahti K, Bono P, Kajanti M, et al., Phase II prospective trial of gefitinib given concurrently with cisplatin and radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced head and neck cancer, J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2010;39:269–76.
21. Thomas F, Rochaix P, Benlyazid A, et al., Pilot study of neoadjuvant treatment with erlotinib in nonmetastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, Clin Cancer Res, 2007;13: 7086–92.
22. Goldstein NI, Prewett M, Zuklys K, et al., Biological efficacy of a chimeric antibody to the epidermal growth factor receptor in a human tumor xenograft model, Clin Cancer Res, 1995;1: 1311–8.
23. Ciardiello F, Tortora G, A novel approach in the treatment of cancer: targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor, Clin Cancer Res, 2001;7:2958–70.
24. Huang SM, Li J, Harari PM, Molecular inhibition of angiogenesis and metastatic potential in human squamous cell carcinomas after epidermal growth factor receptor blockade, Mol Cancer Ther, 2002;1:507–14.
25. Vincenzi B, Schiavon G, Silletta M, et al., The biological properties of cetuximab, Crit Rev Oncol Hematol, 2008;68:93–106.
26. Brown D, Wang R, Russell P, Antiepidermal growth factor receptor antibodies augment cytotoxicity of chemotherapeutic agents on squamous cell carcinoma cell lines, Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2000;122:75–83.
27. Huang SM, Bock JM, Harari PM, Epidermal growth factor receptor blockade with C225 modulates proliferation, apoptosis, and radiosensitivity in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck, Cancer Res, 1999;59:1935–40.
28. Knecht R, Peters S, Adunka O, et al., Carcinomas unresponsive to either cisplatinum or anti-EGFR therapy can be growth inhibited by combination therapy of both agents, Anticancer Res, 2003;23:2577–83.
29. Robert F, Ezekiel MP, Spencer SA, et al., Phase I study of anti-epidermal growth factor receptor antibody cetuximab in combination with radiation therapy in patients with advanced head and neck cancer, J Clin Oncol, 2001;19:3234–43.
30. Bonner JA, Harari PM, Giralt J, et al., Radiotherapy plus cetuximab for squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck, N Engl J Med, 2006;354:567–78.
31. Bonner JA, Harari PM, Giralt J, et al., Radiotherapy plus cetuximab for locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer: 5-year survival data from a phase 3 randomised trial, and relation between cetuximab-induced rash and survival, Lancet Oncology, 2010;11:21–8.
32. Pignon JP, le Maitre A, Bourhis J, Meta-analyses of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer (MACH-NC): an
update, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2007;69:S112–4.
33. Langer CJ, Lee JW, Patel UA, et al., Preliminary analysis of ECOG 3303: Concurrent radiation (RT), cisplatin (DDP) and cetuximab (C) in unresectable, locally advanced (LA) squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN), J Clin Oncol, 2008;26(15S): abstract 6006.
34. Pfister DG, Su YB, Kraus DH, et al., Concurrent cetuximab, cisplatin, and concomitant boost radiotherapy for locoregionally advanced, squamous cell head and neck cancer: a pilot phase II study of a new combined-modality paradigm, J Clin Oncol, 2006;24:1072–8.
35. Merlano MC, Numico G, Russi EG, et al., Cetuximab (C-mab) and chemo-radiation (CT-RT) for loco-regional advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNC): a phase II study, J Clin Oncol, 2007;25(18S): abstract 6043.
36. Ang K, Head and neck carcinomas RTOG 0522: a randomized phase III trial of concurrent accelerated radiation and cisplatin versus concurrent accelerated radiation, cisplatin, and cetuximab [followed by surgery for selected patients] for stage III and IV head and neck carcinomas, Clin Adv Hematol Oncol, 2007;5:79–80.
37. Bourhis J, NCT00609284. Randomized trial of concomitant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced HNSCC treated by radiotherapy-Erbitux (GORTEC2007-01), clinicaltrials.gov
, 2008, Available at: clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/
38. Lefebvre J, Pointreau Y, Rolland F, et al., Sequential chemoradiotherapy (SCRT) for larynx preservation (LP): preliminary results of the randomized phase II TREMPLIN study, J Clin Oncol, 2009;27(15S): abstract 6010.
39. Mercke C, Nyman J, Sjödin H, et al., Upfront chemotherapy and accelerated radiotherapy with EGFR inhibition for locally advanced inoperable head and neck cancer, J Clin Oncol, 2009;27(15S): abstract 6040.
40. Mesia R, Vázquez S, Grau JJ, et al., A single-arm phase II trial to evaluate the combination of cetuximab plus docetaxel, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil (TPF) as induction chemotherapy (IC) in patients (pts) with unresectable SCCHN, J Clin Oncol, 2009;27(15S): abstract 6015.
41. Wanebo HJ, Ghebremichael M, Burtness B, et al., Phase II evaluation of cetuximab (C225) combined with induction paclitaxel and carboplatin followed by C225, paclitaxel, carboplatin, and radiation for stage III/IV operable squamous cancer of the head and neck (ECOG, E2303), J Clin Oncol, 2007;25(18S): abstract 6015.
42. Gasparotto D, Maestro R, Molecular approaches to the staging of head and neck carcinomas (review), Int J Oncol, 2007;31:175–80.
43. Ko C, Citrin D, Radiotherapy for the management of locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, Oral Dis, 2009;15:121–32.
44. Elting LS, Keefe DM, Sonis ST, et al., Patient-reported measurements of oral mucositis in head and neck cancer patients treated with radiotherapy with or without chemotherapy: demonstration of increased frequency, severity, resistance to palliation, and impact on quality of life, Cancer, 2008;113:2704–13.
45. Jellema AP, Slotman BJ, Doornaert P, et al., Impact of radiation-induced xerostomia on quality of life after primary radiotherapy among patients with head and neck cancer, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2007;69:751–60.
46. Campbell BH, Marbella A, Layde PM, Quality of life and recurrence concern in survivors of head and neck cancer, Laryngoscope, 2000;110:895–906.
47. Nguyen NP, Sallah S, Karlsson U, et al., Combined chemotherapy and radiation therapy for head and neck malignancies: quality of life issues, Cancer, 2002;94:1131–41.
48. Curran D, Giralt J, Harari PM, et al., Quality of life in head and neck cancer patients after treatment with high-dose radiotherapy alone or in combination with cetuximab, J Clin Oncol, 2007;25:2191–7.
49. Brown B, Diamantopoulos A, Bernier J, et al., An economic evaluation of cetuximab combined with radiotherapy for patients with locally advanced head and neck cancer in Belgium, France, Italy, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, Value Health, 2008;11:791–9.
50. Griffin S, Walker S, Sculpher M, et al., Cetuximab plus radiotherapy for the treatment of locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, Health Technol Assess, 2009;13(Suppl. 1):49–54.
51. Gregoire V, Lefebvre JL, Licitra L, et al., Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: EHNS-ESMO-ESTRO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up, Ann Oncol, 2010;21(Suppl. 5):v184–6.
52. Hollywood E, Clinical issues in the administration of an anti- epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody, IMC- C225, Semin Oncol Nurs, 2002;18:30–5.
53. Saltz LB, Kies MS, Abbruzzese JL, The presence and intensity of the cetuximab-induced acne-like rash predicts increased survival in studies across multiple malignancies, Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol, 2003;21(Suppl.): abstract 817.
54. Bourhis J, Lefebvre JL, Vermorken JB, Cetuximab in the management of locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer: expanding the treatment options? Eur J Cancer, 2010;46:1979–89.
55. Chung CH, Gillison ML, Human papillomavirus in head and neck cancer: its role in pathogenesis and clinical implications, Clin Cancer Res, 2009;15:6758–62.
56. Machado J, Reis PP, Zhang T, et al., Low prevalence of human papillomavirus in oral cavity carcinomas, Head Neck Oncol, 2010;2:6.
57. Mendenhall WM, Logan HL, Human papillomavirus and head and neck cancer, Am J Clin Oncol, 2009 (Epub ahead of print).
58. Fakhry C, Westra WH, Li S, et al., Improved survival of patients with human papillomavirus-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in a prospective clinical trial, J Natl Cancer Inst, 2008;100:261–9.
59. Gillison ML, Harris J, Westra WH, Survival outcomes by tumor human papillomavirus (HPV) status in stage III–IV oropharyngeal cancer (OPC) in RTOG 0129, J Clin Oncol, 2009;27(15S): abstract 6003.
60. Maxwell JH, Kumar B, Feng FY, et al., Tobacco use in human papillomavirus-positive advanced oropharynx cancer patients related to increased risk of distant metastases and tumor recurrence, Clin Cancer Res, 2010;16:1226–35.
61. Sedaghat AR, Zhang Z, Begum S, et al., Prognostic significance of human papillomavirus in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas, Laryngoscope, 2009;119:1542–9.
62. de Jong MC, Pramana J, Knegjens JL, et al., HPV and high-risk gene expression profiles predict response to chemoradiotherapy in head and neck cancer, independent of clinical factors, Radiother Oncol, 2010;95:365–70.
63. Ang K, Axelrod R, Sherman E, et al., RTOG 0522. A randomized phase III trial of concurrent accelerated radiation and cisplatin versus concurrent accelerated radiation, cisplatin and cetuximab (C225) [followed by surgery for selected patients] for stage III and IV head and neck carcinomas, clinicaltrials.gov
, 2008. Available at: www.rtog.org/members/protocols/0522/0522.pdf
EUROPEAN ONCOLOGY & HAEMATOLOGY
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57
| Page 58
| Page 59
| Page 60
| Page 61
| Page 62
| Page 63
| Page 64
| Page 65
| Page 66
| Page 67
| Page 68
| Page 69
| Page 70
| Page 71
| Page 72
| Page 73
| Page 74
| Page 75
| Page 76
| Page 77
| Page 78
| Page 79
| Page 80
| Page 81
| Page 82
| Page 83
| Page 84
| Page 85
| Page 86
| Page 87
| Page 88
| Page 89
| Page 90
| Page 91
| Page 92