1. Rodeghiero F, Stasi R, Gernsheimer T, et al., Standardization of terminology, definitions and outcome criteria in immune thrombocytopenic purpura of adults and children: report from an international working group, Blood, 2009;113:2386–93.
2. Cohen YC, Djulbegovic B, Shamai-Lubovitz O, et al., The bleeding risk and natural history of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in patients with persistent low platelet counts, Arch Intern Med, 2000;160:1630–8.
3. Portielje JE, Westendorp RG, Kluin-Nelemans HC, et al., Morbidity and mortality in adults with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Blood, 2001;97:2549–54.
4. George JN, Woolf SH, Raskob GE, et al., Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: a practice guideline developed by explicit methods for the American Society of Hematology, Blood, 1996;88:3–40.
5. Stasi R, Provan D, Management of immune thrombocytopenic purpura in adults, Mayo Clin Proc, 2004;79:504–22.
6. Cines DB, Bussel JB, How I treat idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), Blood, 2005;106:2244–51.
7. George JN, Management of patients with refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpura, J Thromb Haemost, 2006;4:1664–72.
8. Bussel J, Treatment of immune thrombocytopenic purpura in adults, Semin Hematol, 2006;43:S3–10, discussion S8–9.
9. Scaradavou A, Woo B, Woloski BM, et al., Intravenous anti-D treatment of immune thrombocytopenic purpura: experience in 272 patients, Blood, 1997;89:2689–700.
10. Provan D, Stasi R, Newland AC, et al., International consensus report on the investigation and management of primary immune thrombocytopenia, Blood, 2010;115:168–86.
11. Stasi R, Evangelista ML, Stipa E, et al., Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: current concepts in pathophysiology and management, Thromb Haemost, 2008;99:4–13.
12. Harker LA, Thrombokinetics in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Br J Haematol, 1970;19:95–104.
13. Branehög I, Weinfeld A, Platelet survival and platelet production in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) before and during treatment with corticosteroids, Scand J Haematol, 1974;12:69–79.
14. Kernoff LM, Blake KC, Shackleton D, Influence of the amount of platelet-bound IgG on platelet survival and site of sequestration in autoimmune thrombocytopenia, Blood, 1980;55:730–3.
15. Stoll D, Cines DB, Aster RH, et al., Platelet kinetics in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and moderate thrombocytopenia, Blood, 1985;65:584–8.
16. Ballem PJ, Segal GM, Stratton JR, et al., Mechanisms of thrombocytopenia in chronic autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura. Evidence of both impaired platelet production and increased platelet clearance, J Clin Invest, 1987;80:33–40.
17. Heyns AD, Lötter MG, Badenhorst PN, et al., Kinetics and sites of destruction of 111Indium-oxine-labeled platelets in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: a quantitative study, Am J Hematol, 1982;12:167–77.
18. Siegel RS, Rae JL, Barth S, et al., Platelet survival and turnover: important factors in predicting response to splenectomy in immune thrombocytopenic purpura, Am J Hematol, 1989;30:206–12.
19. Louwes H, Zeinali Lathori OA, Vellenga E, et al., Platelet kinetic studies in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Am J Med, 1999;106:430–4.
20. Gernsheimer T, Stratton J, Ballem PJ, et al., Mechanisms of response to treatment in autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura, N Engl J Med, 1989;320:974–80.
21. Hoffman R, Zaknoen S, Yang HH, et al., An antibody cytotoxic to megakaryocyte progenitor cells in a patient with immune thrombocytopenic purpura, N Engl J Med, 1985;312:1170–4.
22. Chang M, Nakagawa PA, Williams SA, et al., Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) plasma and purified ITP monoclonal autoantibodies inhibit megakaryocytopoiesis in
vitro, Blood, 2003;102:887–95.
23. Houwerzijl EJ, Blom NR, van der Want JJ, et al., Ultrastructural study shows morphologic features of apoptosis and para-apoptosis in megakaryocytes from patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Blood, 2004;103:500–6.
24. McMillan R, Wang L, Tomer A, et al., Suppression of in vitro megakaryocyte production by antiplatelet autoantibodies from adult patients with chronic ITP, Blood, 2004;103:1364–9.
25. Takahashi R, Sekine N, Nakatake T, Influence of monoclonal antiplatelet glycoprotein antibodies on in vitro human megakaryocyte colony formation and proplatelet formation, Blood, 1999;93:1951–8.
26. Chang M, Qian JX, Lee SM, et al., Tissue uptake of circulating thrombopoietin is increased in immune-mediated compared with irradiated thrombocytopenic mice, Blood, 1999;93:2515–24.
27. Kosugi S, Kurata Y, Tomiyama Y, et al., Circulating thrombopoietin level in chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura, Br J Haematol, 1996;93:704–6.
28. Porcelijn L, Folman CC, Bossers B, et al., The diagnostic value of thrombopoietin level measurements in thrombocytopenia, Thromb Haemost, 1998;79:1101–5.
29. Kuter DJ, New thrombopoietic growth factors, Blood, 2007;109:4607–16.
30. Li J, Yang C, Xia Y, et al., Thrombocytopenia caused by the development of antibodies to thrombopoietin, Blood, 2001;98:3241–8.
31. Rice L, Nichol JL, McMillan R, et al., Cyclic immune thrombocytopenia responsive to thrombopoietic growth factor therapy, Am J Hematol, 2001;68:210–4.
32. Nomura S, Dan K, Hotta T, et al., Effects of pegylated recombinant human megakaryocyte growth and development factor in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Blood, 2002;100:728–30.
33. Wang B, Nichol JL, Sullivan JT, Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of AMG 531, a novel thrombopoietin receptor ligand, Clin Pharmacol Ther, 2004;76:628–38.
34. Roopenian DC, Akilesh S, FcRn: the neonatal Fc receptor comes of age, Nat Rev Immunol, 2007;7:715–25.
35. Broudy VC, Lin NL, AMG531 stimulates megakaryopoiesis in vitro by binding to Mpl, Cytokine, 2004;25:52–60.
36. Bussel JB, Kuter DJ, George JN, et al., AMG 531, a thrombopoiesis-stimulating protein, for chronic ITP, N Engl J Med, 2006;355:1672–81.
37. Newland A, Caulier MT, Kappers-Klunne M, et al., An open- label, unit dose-finding study of AMG 531, a novel thrombopoiesis-stimulating peptibody, in patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura, Br J Haematol, 2006;135:547–53.
38. Kuter DJ, Bussel JB, Lyons RM, et al., Efficacy of romiplostim in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura: a double-blind randomised controlled trial, Lancet, 2008;371:395–403.
39. George JN, Mathias SD, Go RS, et al., Improved quality of life for romiplostim-treated patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura: results from two randomized, placebo-controlled trials, Br J Haematol, 2009;144:409–15.
40. Kuter DJ, Rummel M, Boccia R, et al., Romiplostim or standard of care in patients with immune thrombocytopenia, N Engl J Med, 2010;363:1889–99.
41. Bussel JB, Kuter DJ, Pullarkat V, et al., Safety and efficacy of long-term treatment with romiplostim in thrombocytopenic patients with chronic ITP, Blood, 2009;113:2161–71.
42. Stasi R, Evangelista ML, Amadori S, Novel thrombopoietic agents: a review of their use in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Drugs, 2008;68:901–12.
43. Kuter DJ, Bain B, Mufti G, et al., Bone marrow fibrosis: pathophysiology and clinical significance of increased bone marrow stromal fibres, Br J Haematol, 2007;139:351–62.
44. Pecquet C, Staerk J, Chaligné R, et al., Induction of myeloproliferative disorder and myelofibrosis by
thrombopoietin receptor W515 mutants is mediated by cytosolic tyrosine 112 of the receptor, Blood, 2010;115:1037–48.
45. Erickson-Miller CL, DeLorme E, Tian SS, et al., Discovery and characterization of a selective, nonpeptidyl thrombopoietin receptor agonist, Exp Hematol, 2005;33:85–93.
46. Erickson-Miller CL, DeLorme E, Iskander M, et al., Species specificity and receptor domain interaction of a small molecule TPO receptor agonist, Blood, 2004;104: Abstract 2909.
47. Erhardt JA, Erickson-Miller CL, Aivado M, et al., Comparative analyses of the small molecule thrombopoietin receptor agonist eltrombopag and thrombopoietin on in vitro platelet function, Exp Hematol, 2009;37:1030–7.
48. Erickson-Miller CL, Delorme E, Tian SS, et al., Preclinical activity of eltrombopag (SB-497115), an oral, nonpeptide thrombopoietin receptor agonist, Stem Cells, 2009;27:424–30.
49. Jenkins JM, Williams D, Deng Y, et al., Phase 1 clinical study of eltrombopag, an oral, nonpeptide thrombopoietin receptor agonist, Blood, 2007;109:4739–41.
50. US Food and Drug Administration, 2008 Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) Meeting Documents. Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee, 30 May 2008. Available at: www.fda.gov
ml (accessed 10 January 2011).
51. Garnock-Jones KP, Keam SJ, Eltrombopag, Drugs, 2009;69:567–76.
52. Erhardt J, Erickson-Miller CL, Tapley P, SB 497115-GR, a low molecular weight TPOR agonist, does not induce platelet activation or enhance agonist-induced platelet aggregation in vitro, Blood, 2004;104: Abstract 3888.
53. Bussel JB, Cheng G, Saleh MN, et al., Eltrombopag for the treatment of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, N Engl J Med, 2007;357:2237–47.
54. Bussel JB, Provan D, Shamsi T, et al., Effect of eltrombopag on platelet counts and bleeding during treatment of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, Lancet, 2009;373:641–8.
55. Cheng G, Saleh MN, Marcher C, et al., Eltrombopag for management of chronic immune thrombocytopenia (RAISE): a 6-month, randomised, phase 3 study, Lancet, 2011;377:393–402.
56. Bussell JB, Psaila B, Saleh MN, et al., Efficacy and safety of repeated intermittent treatment with eltrombopag in patients with chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Blood, 2008;112: Abstract 3431. Available at: www.abstracts .hematologylibrary.org/cgi/content/abstract/ashmtg;112/11/3
431 (accessed 10 January 2011).
57. Saleh MN, Bussel JB, Cheng G, et al., Long-term treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura with oral eltrombopag: results from the EXTEND study, Blood, 2009;114: Abstract 682.
58. Bussel JB, Grotzinger KM, Duh M, Association of health- related quality of life (HRQoL) with bleeding and platelet counts in chronic ITP: results from RAISE and EXTEND, Haematologica, 2009;94: Abstract 1058.
59. Maddrey WC, Cheng G, Khelif A, et al., Evaluation of hepatobiliary parameters during eltrombopag treatment in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura, ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts, 2009;114: Abstract 2410.
60. Dmytrijuk A, Robie-Suh K, Rieves D, et al., Eltrombopag for the treatment of chronic immune (idiopathic) thrombocytopenic purpura, Oncology (Williston Park), 2009;23:1171–7.
61. Bussel JB, Cheng G, Saleh MN, et al., Thromboembolic events observed in eltrombopag clinical trials in chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura, ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts, 2009;114: Abstract 2423.
62. Cheng G, Tarantino M, Gernsheimer T, et al., Platelet counts following eltrombopag discontinuation in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts, 2009;114: abstract 3517.
EUROPEAN ONCOLOGY & HAEMATOLOGY
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57
| Page 58
| Page 59
| Page 60
| Page 61
| Page 62
| Page 63
| Page 64
| Page 65
| Page 66
| Page 67
| Page 68
| Page 69
| Page 70
| Page 71
| Page 72
| Page 73
| Page 74
| Page 75
| Page 76
| Page 77
| Page 78
| Page 79
| Page 80
| Page 81
| Page 82
| Page 83
| Page 84
| Page 85
| Page 86
| Page 87
| Page 88
| Page 89
| Page 90
| Page 91
| Page 92