touchONCOLOGY talks to Jeffrey S Weber from the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Cente and NYU Langone Medical Center about the limitations of ipilimumab for the treatment of resected stage III melanoma and how the findings of the CheckMate238 trial can improve the safety profile of this patient population.
1. What are the limitations of ipilimumab as adjuvant therapy in patients with resected stage III melanoma? (0:11)
2. What is the current prognosis for patients with resected stage III or IV melanoma? (1:28)
3. What are the aims of the CheckMate 238 study? (2:51)
4. What have been the efficacy findings of the study to date? (3:31)
5. How does the safety profile of nivolumab compare to that of ipilimumab in this patient population? (4:36)
Speaker disclosures: Jeffrey S Weber has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting 2018, Chicago, IL, US, June 1–5 2018.
Read our Insight coverage here.